Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

NYX Highlight & Contour Palette Review

Donnerstag, 17. März 2016

Everyone is talking about this higlight and contour palette from NYX at the moment. It's really hyped up and I saw it on every Instagram photo or blog so I wanted to try it.


 

This palette contains four different highlight and four different contour powders. All the shades that are included in this palette you can also purchase individually. You can also refill or remove the shades. The downside is that NYX doesn't sell the empty palette. I think that this palette suits fair and deeper skintones because all the colors are sheer but very buildable.


The highlighters are not totally matte they have a light sheen to them. For those who don't like their highlight to be to shimmery they always can put a matte highlighter on top of the shimmery one to tone it down. The highlight shades are very blendable and smooth but all the shades in this palette are very powdery. The highlight shades are all buildable and longlasting.
'Ice Queen' is a very light, cool-toned, pearl white highlighter with a frosted finish. It's very pigmented so it's also really intense. I only like to apply this one to the top of the ckeekbones.
'Soft Light' is a light beige which is matte and neutral. I like to use it under my eyes to set the concealer and on the high points of the face.
'Cream' is a soft matte yellow which is warmtoned. I also like to use it alone or mixed together with 'Soft Light' under my eyes and on the high points of the face to brighten.
Lastly there's 'Nectar', it's a soft pearly peach. I also like to use this one only on the top of the cheeks.

 

The contour shades are semi-matte or have a satin finish. They're not all completly shimmer-free but they still look natural and glowy on the skin. The contour shades are a little bit hard to blend, so you really need to take your time so it don't looks streaky or patchy. Even if the shades look dark in the
pen they are not if you really blend them out. So they also works on fair skin tones.
'Tan' is a soft brown with red undertones and a satin finish. This one is a little bit hard to blend and not very longlasting. I only use this as a bronzer to warm up the complexion.
'Toffee' is a neutral brown with yellow undertones and it also has a satin finish. I think because it's darker that 'Tan' it last longer on the skin. And I also use this one to bronze the face.
'Sculpt' is a muted matte taupe with grey undertones. I like to use this one to contour the cheeks and my nose.
'Hollow' is a dark matte brown with warm undertones and it has a satin-finish. This one is too dark for my fair skin maybe I'll use it in summer when I have a tan.
 

I think this drugstore palette is very afforadable and it's not bad for the price but I don't think that you really need it. It's not my holy grail and I think there're better single contour and highlight shades at the drugstore that are absolutely amazing!
2 Kommentare on "NYX Highlight & Contour Palette Review "
  1. Ahhh I've been wanting to try this for the longest time, I really need to purchase it

    Gillmclaughlin.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. the shades look so lovely! awesome review (:

    Life in Pastel

    AntwortenLöschen